Savory Chicken thighs-in the Dutch Oven!
If you have been following my blog or my Facebook page you would know that I got a Dutch Oven maybe a month ago (thanks mom-early Christmas present!!!) and I have used it at least 15 times since then because I am in LOVE with it! It makes things so easy, easy to throw everything in one pot, easy cooking process and easy clean up!!! I highly suggest you add one to your kitchen ASAP!
6 boneless/skinless chicken thighs
1/2 cup dry Jasmine rice
2 cups water
2 tbsp. canola/olive oil
2 tsp tomato paste
1 small green pepper
1 med/large tomato
1 small Spanish onion
1 tbsp. minced garlic
Seasonings: red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, garlic powder, cinnamon (some of each to your liking)
Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees
1. Lightly coat bottom of pot with canola/olive oil on stove on med heat
2. Chop tomato, green pepper and onion-place in pot
3. Add chicken thighs to pot…
4. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and cinnamon
5. Add 2 tsp. tomato paste and 1 tsp. minced garlic to bottom of pot and let simmer for a few min
6. Add 1/2 c dry rice and 2 cups of water.
Place in oven for 1.5 to 2 hours.