Before I started committing to meditating and to myself truly I realized that I would try but I didn’t have a true defense or a plan on how to achieve balance. I didn’t have the daily ways set up to make sure I would be okay.
Here are some of the things that I have been doing daily to ensure that I can combat the blues, the worry, the things in life that might stop me in my tracks from living a full & happy life:
- Stop & breathe purposefully throughout the day & especially in stressful situations
- Reading self-help books or books that help enlighten your mind or just for fun (less TV more reading)
- Meditate-2 times a day for 5 to 10 minutes each which helps you connect with yourself and feel peaceful and grateful
- Routine Sleep-8 hours from around the same time each night (11pm to 7am for me) and always think good thoughts before falling asleep so they can marinade in your sub-conscious all night
- Nutrition-smoothie with flaxseeds and smart choices with some fun indulgences (don’t stress out about and control strictly what you are eating)
- Movement of any kind for 20 min a day
- Connect with friends and family-talk on the phone or visit
- Sunshine-get outdoors if you can at least once a day even if the sun isn’t brightly shining
- Surround yourself with fresh flowers, plants or visual inspiration around the house or your workspace
- Cooking/baking or doing something creative that you like to do even just for a few minutes a day
I don’t do all of these every single day but I do most of them. They help keep me balanced. That is all I have been striving for, BALANCE. I am still working on it and always will be but now that I have a plan and some easy daily defenses to practice I am further along than ever before.
I hope some of these ideas help you to live a balanced life too! Come up with your own plan or build off of mine. Point is, have a plan and start practicing it!